I am... the florescent light?

Friday, January 26, 2007


I was having bubble tea with my highschool buddy. He is the type who is well spoken, funny, intelligent, and very good at dealing with people. He's the most alive person I've ever met and back in the day one of my goals was to become more like him.

Tonight, once again, I was listening to him telling his interesting work stories from around the world. In my opinion, it's good to touch base once in a while with the way non-Christians live their lives. And I could also be the 'beacon of light' should my friend ever feel like treading onto spiritual grounds.

It's perfect, I could learn what I want from him and I was also doing him some good by just being there, you know, should he ever go spiritual. Although sometimes hanging out with him involves a lot of drinking and swearing and dirty jokes. I usually try to do the minimum in order to fit in, to make him know I understand him, and hopefully, to testify God's love when the right time comes.



Sin was all around me. Sin was brewing inside of me.
The Screwtape Letters - Chapter 10.



"I am the light..."
.. I feel like a florescent light.
Dull, cold, off in an instant.

Labels:

posted by Mati
12:10 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home